Irish Thoroughbred Marketing respects your right to privacy.
Visitors are advised that each time they visit a website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site. The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this website; the number of people who return to this site; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to this site and the page in the site at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Through this website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through the “enquiry form” in the “contact us” section, or any other area where you might E MAIL US, subscribe to our newsletter or text alert service, request a publication or enter our competition. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by Irish Thoroughbred Marketing for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you, E.G. TO SEND YOU INFORMATION, NEWSLETTERS, ETC.
- verification purposes and statistical analysis; and
- marketing and administration purposes.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: information that is associated with your name or personal identity. The Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Website does not collect any personal data about you on this Website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example, by emailing us, or registering with us for our newsletter). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by Irish Thoroughbred Marketing only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Collection and use of non-personal information
Non-personal information: data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity. Irish Thoroughbred Marketing collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of technical information we log is confined to the following:
- The IP address*1 of the visitor's Web server
- The top-level domain-name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The pages visited on the IRISH THOROUGHBRED MARKETING’S WEBSITE, i.e. URL's*2 visited
- The previous Website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this Website (for example, pages accessed)
*1 An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
*2 A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, http://www.itm.ie is the URL for Irish Thoroughbred Marketing’s Home Page.
ANY EXTERNAL LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES ARE CLEARLY IDENTIFIABLE AND IRISH THOROUGHBRED MARKETING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY STATEMENTS OF THESE WEBSITES. YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT THE PROVIDERS OF THESE WEBSITES DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES OR CONCERNS RELATING TO THESE WEBSITES.
A "cookie" is a small data file transferred by a Website to your computer's hard drive. Cookies are typically classified as either "session" cookies or "permanent" cookies.
- "Session" cookies do not stay on your computer after you leave our Website or close your browser. The aggregate information collected permits us to analyse traffic patterns on our site. This can enable us over time to provide a better experience on our site by improving content or personalisation and making our site easier to use.
- "Permanent" cookies are those that remain on your computer. They are used to facilitate shopping, personalisation and registration services. For example, cookies can keep track of what you have selected to purchase as you continue to shop and allow you to enter your password only once on Web pages where a login is required. "Permanent" cookies can be manually removed by the user.
• Microsoft Internet Explorer: www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
• Mozilla Firefox browser: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/
• Opera browser: http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/security/privacy/
• Safari browser: http://www.apple.com/support/safari/
• Google Chrome browser: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/
A Web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1x1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognise certain types of information on a visitor's computer, such as a visitor's cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. You may render some Web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. Note: Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Web pages do not use Web beacons.
Who we share your information with
Irish Thoroughbred Marketing makes no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details collected (IP addresses etc.) with any individual. It is the policy of Irish Thoroughbred Marketing never to disclose personal or technical information in respect of individual Website visitors to any third party, unless obliged to disclose such information by rule of law.
SECURTIY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Irish Thoroughbred Marketing will take all appropriate measures (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to prevent against unauthorised access to, alteration of, disclosure of or destruction of your personal information.
Should you have any queries regarding any privacy issues you may have, or should you wish to access\amend\or erase any of your personal details, please contact us.
Irish Thoroughbred Marketing,
Tel: + 353 45 443060
Fax: + 353 45 443061