Invitation Letter Issuance
As a semi-state agency, ITM are able to assist people wishing to travel to Ireland for purposes related to the Irish horse racing industry. This assistance is only provided to people who are known to ITM and who have a genuine business motive for visiting Ireland. ITM does not provide any assistance for travel unrelated to the Irish horse racing industry.
If you have a genuine horse racing industry-related motive for visiting Ireland and require a visa, please email a member of the ITM team with a copy of the photo page of your passport, your preferred dates of travel, and the purpose of your visit. If you are known to ITM and your motive is deemed relevant, ITM can then issue an invitation letter to Ireland including confirmation of your itinerary where needed. Once you have made your application to the Irish visa office including all required documents, you can then send your application number to ITM. ITM can then monitor your application and assist in its efficient processing. The final decision on the issuing of visas to visit Ireland rests with the Irish visa office.
The Visa Waiver Programme
The Visa Waiver Programme currently in place in Ireland (until October 2021, however it may be amended or expanded at any point) allows persons
- who are nationals of one of seventeen countries covered by the scheme,
- who have entered the UK on foot of a UK ‘C’ General visa, and
- have been granted leave to remain in the UK for up to 180 days.
- travel to Ireland, within the time remaining on a current leave to remain in the UK, without the requirement to obtain an Irish visa, and
- be granted permission to remain in Ireland up to a maximum of 90 days or the time left on their UK leave to remain, whichever is the shorter.
Each distinct period of leave to remain in the UK (up to a maximum of 180 days each time) requires a prior legal entry into the UK before travel to Ireland under the Programme, no matter what the duration of the UK visa.
Full details of the Visa Waiver Programme